'Gold Miss': To Be or Not to Be - OhmyNews International
I find this an interesting term as well as an interesting change in social norms and expectations. I can't help but think that English shows like "Sex in the City" and their Korean counterparts both mirror and drive these lifestyles.
A few questions that I have are:
1) What is a "Gold Miss"?
2) What are the positive connotations associated with the "Gold Miss" label?
3) What are the negative connotations associated with the "Gold Miss" label?
4) The author sees this movement as a move towards the liberation of women from the bonds of matrimony, do you agree?
5) Why do you think that the author views marriage as such a burden?
6) What effect to you see the "Gold Miss" movement having on marriage and relationships in the long run?
Friday, July 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment